Sat, Mar 28|
NEW LEAF Wellness Therapy
Foundations of Yoga Workshop Series
A six week course that invites you to explore the foundations of a Hatha Yoga practice. Think of this as part of the important building blocks that will provide the foundation for your own Yoga practice.
Time & Location
Mar 28, 2020, 9:00 AM – 10:30 AM
NEW LEAF Wellness Therapy, 21 Hawthorne St, Medford, OR 97504, USA
About the Event
Join Chelsey Breta, a regsitered 500 hour Hatha Yoga Teacher for this Foundation of Yoga Workshop series.
Whether you are a beginner or a long time practioner this series is sure to build and refresh your practice. In Yoga we look for longevity, meaning to continue to practice yoga throughout our entire lifetime. Within our six weeks together you will begin to identify core building blocks within your own practice of Yoga. You can then take this foundation home and explore further with safe and aligned movement. With a sense of inquiry into the subtle energy realms you will also learn about the chakra and vayu systems within yoga philosophy. This offering is steeped in lived experience with many hours of curiousity into this realm of Yoga. Brought to you from a dedicated heart to share this highly regarded ancient knowledge that can be essential to creating a life full of freedom!
This course may be for you -
- If you are a beginner and have been interested in yoga. There will be open dialgoue for anyone who has questions as this is a Yoga class and a workshop.
- If you are curious to understand a deeper meaning of Yoga, beyond just the poses and breath. In our time together we will look into the Yoga Sutra, or ancient principles regarding all Eight Limbs of Yoga. There will also be time spent reviewing the chakra energy system as well, so you can understand your own energy body and how you interact with the world.
- If you are seeking a small group (community) to learn and practice Yoga with. We practice within the Mindful Movement studio at NEW LEAF Wellness Therapy. Our space is a sacred and safe container for all to join.
Each week will compound on top of the other, meaning that what was learned the previous week will apply to the following. I highly reccommend you attend all six classes so you can feel the difference a strong foundation makes. It also goes to say, can you begin to build a foundation of the mind for committment to yourself and to your practice for the entire series? Yoga encorporates the WHOLE being - body, mind, breath, soul in UNION, so they can flow together as ONE. There will be the option to drop into a class(es) as well. We will cover the previous week's teaching briefly in the begining of class.
We gather on Saturday mornings from 9-10.30am beginning February 22 - March 28, 2020.
A glimpse into our time together will include -
- Pranayama and Breath Cultivation
- Building the Physical Foundation of the Body
- Hatha Yogasana (poses) - Themed for Each Week
- Activation and Exploration within the Chakra Energy Body
- Philosophy of Yoga - Eight Limbs of Yoga + Yoga Sutra
- Extended Savasana with optional Head/Neck massage
Investment for Foundations of Yoga Workshop Series
$99 bundle for all 6 weeks - (get one class free with this option!)
$20 drop in class(es)
Trades are welcomed!
Questions? I warmly welcome them, so please, reach out to me personally here - email@example.com